The Department of Information and Communications Technology (DICT) has directed all existing mobile phone and broadband subscribers to register their SIM card in order to be active in the future.
This requires users to register their SIMs to strengthen protection from the growing spam and scam messages sent every day. It will establish secure systems and facilities that will make it easy, safe, and convenient for all users.
This exercise is expected to last for four months and scheduled to end April 26, 2023.
However, the Department of Information and Communications Technology (DICT) might extend the exercise.
Users who are unable to register their SIM before the deadline will be deactivated permanently. When your SIM is deactivated, you’ll no longer be able to use your text, call, data, and other mobile services.
How To Register Your Sim Card in Philippines: A step-by-step guide.
To register your sim card, individual must notice the following steps
- Access the SIM registration website.
- Enter your 10-digit mobile number (ex. 9171234567) and click the “Register” button.
- If eligible to register, you’ll receive a One Time Pin (OTP) text message on your mobile phone.
- Enter the 6-digit OTP on the registration website. Note that the OTP expires in five minutes.
- After your OTP is validated, you may now proceed with the registration.
- Enter all required fields: Name, Birthday, Gender, Address, and Nationality
- Take a selfie and select the type of government ID to be uploaded. Click the “attach” button to upload a copy of your valid government ID.
- Tick the checkbox to agree with Globe’s Privacy Notice, Attestation of Completeness and Accuracy, Marketing and Promotional Permission, and Data Sharing.
- Click “Submit” button to finish the registration process.
- A reference number will appear on your screen to signify completion of registration. Please keep the reference number as proof of registration.
What IDs are Accepted?
The following ID cards are acceptable for Registration of sim card
The following are the official IDs that will be accepted in registering SIMs:
- National ID
- Social Security Service ID
- Government Service Insurance System e-Card
- Driver’s License
- National Bureau of Investigation clearance
- Police Clearance
- Firearms’ License to Own and Possess ID
- Professional Regulation Commission ID
- Integrated Bar of the Philippines ID
- Overseas Workers Welfare Administration ID
- Bureau of Internal Revenue ID
- Voter’s ID
- Senior Citizen’s Card
- Unified Multi-Purpose Identification Card
- Person with Disabilities Card
- Other government-issued ID with photo
NOTE: *Foreign nationals will need to submit their passport and other special documents.
Thank you for reading. kindly leave us a comment below and we will be glad to assist.
If you would like to write for us, contact us or submit an article click here.