Should you buy the iPhone 8 plus in 2023? Read our verdict to make a decision.
Apple is known for the longevity of its devices. The company has made name for itself because of the kind of product they serve the mass with. The unique identity and durability of their products, ranging from software to hardware set them apart from other brands.
So in this article, we look at the pros and cons of the old device, the iPhone 8 plus to decide on the question, Should you buy the iPhone 8 plus in 2023?
iPhone 8 and 8 Plus were released in September 2017 alongside the unique design flagship iPhone x
Apple actually decided to maintain the same old iPhone 6, 6s, and 7 set design. This made the iPhone 8 Plus indistinguishable from the iPhone 6 plus which is a four years ago identical look.
However, the iPhone 8 and 8 plus models were built on a glass front and back with a metal band around the edges of the device.
iPhone 8 Plus had a 5.5-inch screen display with annoying front bezels.
The device does not have a bad display as it featured bright, clear, and quite accurate colours Which are only 1080p and it’s matched as 1920 by 1080 with 401 pixels per inch.
This display measurement can be seen on previous models as well.
let’s talk about biometrics and security.
The device also featured 2nd generation of touch ID. Which is conveniently placed on the front of the phone. It’s fast and it is accurate as always.
The touch ID response is still fast in 2022, thanks to apple’s well-built software configuration.
iPhone 8 plus has a primary wide-angle lens with 12 megapixels and an aperture of f1/1.8 with optical image stabilization.
However, the secondary telephoto lens with 12 megapixels and an
aperture of f2/8 did not feature optical image stabilization.
iPhone 8 Plus is capable of recording video at 4k at 60 frames per second which is quite amazing.
This gives you chance to tone it down to 30 frames per second.
On the front, we have a 7-megapixel camera with an aperture of f-22 which is great for selfies and FaceTime video calls.
iPhone 8 plus will give you a full-day battery experience with a 100% battery life.
The iPhone 8 Plus have wireless charging and it supports fast wired charging which will charge your phone to 50% from 0% in 30 minutes but you can only achieve this if you buy the additional Apple USB- C power adapter the one that comes in the box does not support fast charging.
The iPhone starts with a base storage of 64-gigabyte model and 256-gigabyte model.
summary of iphone 8 plus key features.
- LAUNCH: 2017, September 12. Released 2017, September 22
- Status: Discontinued
- Body: Aluminum 7000 frame, reinforced glass front and rear, IP67 certified for water and dust resistance. Gold, Space Gray, and Silver color options.
- Screen: 5.5″ 16M-color LED-backlit IPS LCD screen of 1080p resolution, 401ppi. True Tone adjustment via four-channel ambient light sensor, wide color gamut, 3D Touch
- water resistant rating: Apple’s iPhone 8 Plus is rated as IP67 water and dust resistant.
- OS: Apple iOS 11
- software support: ios 11 til current
- Chipset: Hexa-core (2 Monsoon + 4 Mistral) 2.09GHz Apple CPU, tri-core Apple GPU, 3GB of RAM, Apple A11 Bionic SoC
- Camera: Dual 12MP camera: wide-angle F/1.8 + telephoto F/2.8, live bokeh effects (including Portrait mode and Portrait Lightning), optical image stabilization, 2x lossless zoom, quad-LED flash with slow sync, phase detection auto focus, wide color capture
- Video recording: [email protected]/30fps, [email protected]/60/120/240fps video recording
- Selfie: 7MP F/2.2 front-facing camera with BSI sensor and HDR mode, [email protected] video
- Storage: 64GB or 256GB of built-in storage
- Connectivity: 4G LTE Cat.12 (600Mbps); Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac; Bluetooth 5.0; Lightning port; GPS with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, QZSS; NFC (Apple Pay and for the first time for NFC tag reading too)
- Battery: 2,691mAh battery, wireless charging (Qi compatible)
- Battery Charging: Fast charging 15W, 50% in 30 mins
- Talk time : Up to 21 h (3G)
- Misc: Stereo speakers, Pressure-sensitive Home key with fingerprint scanner, Taptic Engine
Now the question. Should you buy the iPhone 8 plus in 2023?
Is iPhone 8 Plus still good 2023?
The iPhone 8 plus is a good device despite the fact that the old lady won’t match the camera capabilities of the latest iPhone 13 series, which has undergone massive improvement with both internal and external features.
Individual users from the 2014 and 2015 old flagships who are on a tight budget can make such a decision by going for the 2017 flagship. From a general point of view, a daily iPhone user will have enough battery and massive performance from the 2017 iPhone 8 plus on a single charge.
Is iPhone 8 Plus outdated in 2023?
According to our personal experience with 8 plus for two months of continuous usage, we can confidently say it is worth going for the 2017 flagship. Users stand a chance of saving big for better and improve devices in an efficient ios ecosystem.
Will the iPhone 8 Plus still work in 2023?
The answer is a big Yes. The 2017 flagship has the capabilities to perform any daily task a basic and intensive phone user will perform on the device . We have tested the device for (six)6 months and we can confidently suggest iPhone 8plus to any user who wish to save big and still want to take advantage of the apple ios ecosystem functionality.
The iPhone 8 plus will also receive ios software support for additional years.
How much is a iPhone 8 Plus worth in 2023?
|TODAY’S BEST iPhone 8 Plus Trade-in Values|
|iPhone 8 Plus||GHS1900.00||GHS2100.00|
|iPhone 8||GHS1300.00||GHS 1500.00|
This can can be value at the Ghanaian market as GH₵1,500.00 for the 8 with 64GB moel and GH₵2,100 for 8plus with 64GB respectively.
Here are the latest iPhone prices in Ghana………. current iPhone prices in ghana 2023-6s to 13 pro max
Leave a Reply