The sim card registration exercise which began last year on 1st October 2021 and was subjected to last for 6 months period but was later extended to 31st July, 2022 in order to allow more users to access the registration exercise.
There are numerous questions to be answered but this article has limited it to the Top Ten FAQ To Know About Ghana Sim Registration.
let dive in ;
1. Is the SIM Registration Mandatory?
1. Yes, from 1st October 2021, all SIM Cards should be registered in line with the new registration procedures.
2. Which ID card do I need to register my SIM card?
Ans: The only identification card meant for registration of SIM cards is the Ghana Card.
3. How much is the fee for the Ghana Card?
Ans: The Ghana Card is free for Ghanaians in the first instance. Institutions and other organizations requesting the services of NIA personnel on their various premises will have to pay a certain amount per head of the workers involved.
4. How To Register SIM Card With Ghana Card?
Dial the Ghana Card SIM Registration shortcode *404#. Then follow the onscreen prompts to complete the process.
5. What is the deadline for the SIM card registration in Ghana?
Ans: The Minister of Communications and Digitalisation, Mrs Ursula Owusu- Ekuful, has extended the deadline for the re-registration of Subscriber Identification Module (SIM) cards to 31st July, 2022.
6. How many SIM cards can you register with the Ghana card?
Ans: Ghanaian citizenry can register a total number of 10 SIM Cards across all networks, and Foreigners will have a limit of 3 SIM Cards across all networks.
However, Businesses have the privilege to register beyond the 10 limited quantity when proof of registration of business documents have been vetted.
7. How to check SIM card registration name in Ghana?
Steps to follow to Check Your Sim Card Registration details:
- Dial *400# on all networks to initiate the verification process.
- or you can send a blank text message to 400.
- The next screen prompt should contain details of your identity used to Register the sim.
8. Who will keep our details/data?
The data will be stored in a Central SIM Registry at the National Information Technology Agency.
9. What will our details/data be used for?
a. Your details shall be stored in a Central SIM Registry and shall only be accessed:
i. Upon receipt of a court order to aid law enforcement prevent, detect, investigate, and prosecute fraud and other criminal activities.
ii. To aid National Security matters such as a public health emergency.
b. Your details will not be used for any other purpose or shared.
10. I have been using my pre-registered SIM Card for over 3 years. How Can I register it in my name as I have been using it for a lot of my transactions?
a. One of the objectives of this exercise is to erase or delete SIMs which cannot be accounted for in terms of ownership and to ensure that each SIM Card is tied to a valid ID.
b. For subscribers who find themselves in this situation, all they need to do is to inform their Service Provider who will then let them submit some documentation or provide evidence to support their claim before the SIM Card can be registered in their name.
c. For subscribers of MTN and Glo who are facing such challenges, if they are unable to link their Ghana Card to the SIM Card, the network will send them a message to inform them that they will be called with a specific number to go through some security procedures.
d. For subscribers of Vodafone and AirtelTigo who are facing such challenges, if they are unable to link their Ghana Card to the SIM Card, the network will send them some security questions related to their use of the SIM Card.
Keep reading on M4links.com for your best tech,tips and more news